Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom, Day 1

Started it today, am 1h30 in. A few thoughts...
1. It looks pretty good. The soundtrack is good. The plot seems ok-ish so far.  Kinda funny how you can talk to animals.
2. It handles pretty well. You can set the camera up so it moves faster. That's great. Tepeu runs too slowly though... Things seem pretty tedious.
3. It's hard! Bloody hell. The puzzles are really hard. I've gotten stuck three or four times so far. The puzzles have complicated solutions, but the vast majority of them are based on the cooperation between Teotl and Tepeu.
Will try to play some more tonight.

[Edit 23:25]
I have now played a total of 2h45. The game is actually really good! So much fun once you understand how to work things. I finally figured out how best to kill enemies (sneak up behind them or hit them until you can do a critical attack) and how to work Teotl's abilities. Speaking of abilities, he's now able to blow wind onto things. Pretty useful :p And I've just beaten Caprakan, that fight was so much fun! Makes great use of the abilities and I like the cooperation between the two buddies. This game is really refreshing, really different to anything else I've seen lately! Loving it at the moment. Looking forward to tomorrow :)
Oh and I'm on 80G so far. Got 50G for progressing through the story and 30G for 3 retarded achievements like 'Have the Majin revive you three times', 'Talk to the Majin 100 times' and 'Give the Majin 500 orders'. The first one requires you to put the controller down and let yourself be killed then revived three times in a row, and the other two are basically button-mashing. Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment