Sunday, February 20, 2011

Bought NieR Replicant!


Yep, I've finally managed to find it. I started it today, I'm now 5 hours in - just got KainĂ©. Incredible game, it feels great to go back to that great world. It's also really nice to listen to the OST again. 
Two things so far - 
1. The 'brother rescuing his sister' plot isn't as believable and powerful as the 'father rescuing his daughter' one; especially as the Nier from NieR Gestalt was a big lad and had a deep voice and everything. This Nier seems like a little too much of a child and that does make the game less powerful. Indeed, Nier doesn't feel as attached to Yonah and doesn't have the same relationship with her. That made the very strength of NieR Gestalt, and isn't there anymore in Replicant...
2. Slight disappointment - Kaine's swearing is bleeped out in speech and comes up as symbols in the transcript. Shame ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment