Tuesday, February 22, 2011

NieR Replicant, Day 3

15:53
Gamed just under 2 hours so far today, and I've got the key from Facade and the one from The Aerie. I've done the first half of the Junk Heap (where you have to find a certain material, can't remember what it's called in the English version), that was a damn right pain. Second half now, then Shadowlord's Castle! Making good progress, thrilled :)
The feelings I felt last summer (when playing Gestalt) are starting to come back. Intense emotion, sorrow, pain, laughter, excitement.... Nier truly is a great game, one of the most meaningful and powerful plots I have ever seen. Cannot wait to get onto Ending B, where the shades can talk ... Even more moving.
Got the trophy for a 100-hit combo during the massive battle in The Aerie too.


16:22
Just got into Shadowlord's Castle. Looking forward to the final battle.


18:19
After a long tea-break, now about to go into the final battle. 

18:50
Beaten the bastard. 

18:55
Heartbeaking question... 

19:13
Done! And got the Lightspeed Fighter trophy too :)

NieR truly is a great game. Great characters, great plot, incredible soundtrack, pretty good graphics... What more could you want? :)
Replicant isn't that much better than Gestalt. To be honest, it's not better at all. I might even prefer Gestalt... More credible; for example, at the very end, when Nier and Yonah are reunited, the 'father-daughter hug' is FAR MORE believable and less awkward than the 'brother-sister hug'. In Replicant, Nier's anger against Shadowlord seems stupid; in Gestalt, we genuinely sympathized with him, 'look what he did to your daughter!'.
To sum things up quickly, they are both great games (If I had to rate them, they'd both get 18/20), but Gestalt is slightly better than Replicant.

No comments:

Post a Comment